I was recently tagged by Whitney and Jonathan at Brown Sugar Design (fellow invitation/graphic designers from Kirkland, WA - beautiful work) to post eight random facts or habits about myself, and then pass the fun along to eight other bloggers. Hmm, as I track back to everyone that has done this before me, I see that most of my other fave bloggers have already been tagged… :)
Nevertheless, here’s my bit:
- I am a dental hygiene nazi of the highest order. I cannot, CANNOT, go to bed without flossing and brushing. Sometimes I floss twice a day. I keep Crest and Oral-B in business. I have floss on my person at all times, in case a flossing emergency occurs.
- I met my husband in a bar, and I hate to admit it. I actually lied to my parents and told them I met him at a party, because I didn’t want them to think I picked up a random stranger in a drinking establishment. When he asked for my number I refused to write it down, so he memorized it and called me the next day for a date.
- I have a major weakness for candy and chocolate (hmm, perhaps this explains my dental OCD). See’s Candies, Marabou (Swedish), and Harry and David Chocolate Covered Strawberries are my vices of choice.
- I was born in Pointe Claire, Montreal, and speak French and Spanish.
- I come up with my best design ideas when I am away from the computer - usually while on the elliptical trainer at the gym.
- I have traveled extensively and have had numerous awe-inspiring, life-changing moments along the way. Waking up to a Tuscan sunrise at a vineyard in San Gimignano, sleeping in a thatch-roof hut (bure) in Fiji with no electricity, sailing in the Whitsundays in Australia, swimming with sharks in Belize…A trip to Asia is up next...
- My great grandfather was a pressman. He even wrote a printing encyclopedia. Perhaps this printing thing is genetic?
- I can't sing to save my life - I've always admired those who can do it well.
Update on the C&P
I finally found a mover to help me - good old Atlas (Salmon's). I've used them before for household moving, and they have a commercial division for heavy/awkward items. August 11 is the moving date! Wohoo! I'll take lots of photos of the move/reassembly (did I mention we're taking it apart a bit? Yeah - otherwise she won't fit).
Moving will be between $450-650. Yuck. But, I'd rather let the professionals lug 1,000 lbs down the stairs instead of me!