Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boxcar Love

Image courtesy and © Boxcar Press

A big thank you to our friends at Boxcar Press in Syracuse NY for posting about our HOW Magazine coverage on the Boxcar Blog. We use their Boxcar Base and and plates exclusively for our printing - it's a great system.

And there are other reasons to love Boxcar, like:
  • they have a bunch of PDF press manuals available for download from their website
  • the Boxcar Institute Training Series videos (learn to how to set gauge pins, register your plate, adjust roller height, and so on - boy do I wish these had been around when I first started printing!). Check out the Introduction video that promises: "A heart-thumping letterpress music video that’ll make you want to get down and dance to the beat of your platens."
  • Boxcar plants a tree in my honor (through American Forests) every time I place an order over $100
  • t-shirts featuring your favorite letterpress, including this one for the kidlets in your life


I don't have children, but if I did, they would be wearing this shirt (but a C&P version, of course).

Here are a few other random letterpress-related goodies I've spotted lately:


Kale Letterpress Print Tote, by Pianonobile


Aveda Hand Relief (for getting rid of that inky stink and dryness after scrubbing off ink and/or grease - it smells like lemons), by Aveda


A giant ampersand bookend/door stop/*self-defense mechanism (*their words, not mine), by House Industries

This week I have 3 sets of even invitations to print - two designed in-house, and one from a local Vancouver designer. I am excited to get started and will post photos when complete.

Happy letterpressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...