Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Simple Sakura





Above are some recent photos of a custom letterpress wedding invitation order that we printed for a wonderful couple from Toronto. The bride saw some of our cherry blossom letterpress notecards in our Etsy store and wanted to use a similar blossom motif for her invitations. I loved designing this invitation, and it is bilingual which made it even better. Although I speak French and Spanish (and can read some Italian), Japanese characters are not anything I know much about - but through the wonders of e-mail and PDF proofs, Natalie and I managed to make sure everything was correct and that every character was where it should be : )

The invitations were printed in a deep pink on Crane Lettra 100% cotton Pearl stock.

This week we are finalizing our wholesale catalog for 2009 (yes, I know, I'm behind). I'll be sending it out to retailers by Friday, if everything goes according to plan.

In non-letterpress news, my husband and I will be heading south later this month for a quick vacation. I am certainly looking forward to the break and some sunshine. I use a SAD (seasonal affective disorder) lamp in the office, but there's just no substitute for the real thing : )

Happy letterpressing!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered this blog. I love, love, love your work. I am a paper fanatic. Now I can get my fix! Do you have a book or brochure of printed work I can get my hands on?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...