Sunday, October 16, 2011

Black and White Letterpress Wedding Invitations




Above are a couple of photos of recent client Lisa's custom letterpress wedding invitations. Lisa had put together the basics of the layout she wanted to use in Publisher, and sent us a file showing us what she had in mind. We took what she had put together and made some slight adjustments to the typesetting after recreating the file in Illustrator and added in a small circle monogram motif for the bottom of the invitation.

It is always fun to collaborate with clients on the design of their wedding stationery. Some clients have a very clear idea of what they'd like their invitations to look like, but they just need a tiny bit of assistance with the design and creation of the actual artwork file for platemaking - and we're happy to help!

Best wishes to Lisa and Adam - it was a pleasure to work with you!

As far as studio updates go, we are currently working on a variety of letterpress business stationery projects for our clients. We are gearing up for the start of the 2012 wedding season and have some marketing projects on the go that should be ready to implement in the next month or so.

In other news...this week my new iPhone should arrive and I am very excited. I hate to admit it, but when it comes to cell phones I've always been a bit of a luddite (this despite my father being the very first person I knew to have a cell phone when they first came out back in the day - all huge, weighing a tonne, and being very impractical indeed). Yes, I still use a Motorola Razr flip phone (gasp!).
So there we go, I will be joining the rest of the modern world soon - kicking and screaming, mind you. I hope I don't turn into one of the millions of smart phone zombies roaming the earth... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...