Monday, October 7, 2013

Fashion Post | Wedding Shoes for the Bride


Hello friends!

I hope this post finds you well and enjoying the beginning of the Fall season! If you come here regularly you might have noticed a few changes to the design of the Adventures in Letterpress blog. It has been a few years since our last update, and a lot of things have changed since then (I don't even think Instagram existed then!), so we were long overdue for an update.  I think the new look is more in tune with our design aesthetic (I'm sorry, I hate saying that - "design aesthetic". Ugh - too many episodes of Project Runway and listening to them repeat "design aesthetic" over and over. You could base a drinking game on how many times it is said during a single episode. I digress...) Anyway, I hope you like the new design and that you come back to check out some of our new additions and features on the blog.

Something new for you today is a little fashion post - I know you come for the letterpress, but since our work focuses so much on weddings and we love fashion, I thought it would be fun to have a fashion feature on the blog every once in a while. Maybe it will become a regular thing?

Back when I was planning to get married, I hate to say that I didn't get very creative with my wedding shoes. I did chose a nice pair of ivory shoes that I loved, but they were from the same bridal shop where I purchased my dress. I don't regret my choice at all, but it really didn't occur to me to think outside the box at the time and go for something different and fun. Just because your dress is white or ivory doesn't mean your shoes have to match! The trend of wearing colored or non-wedding-specific shoes is getting so much more popular. I am seeing many wedding shoots and styled features in bridal magazines where the bride is pulling her dress up ever so slightly to reveal the fun shoes underneath her gown.

Here are my current picks (ouch! better to just not read the prices ;) :


{ 1. Badgley Mischka – Cissy, 2. Badgley Mischka – Randall, 3. Christian Louboutin – Pigalle (also available in hot pink!), 4. Prada – Style #320336301, 5. Badgley Mischka – Renita, 6. Valentino – Blush Satin Crystal Bow, 7. Badgley Mischka – Gilroy, 8. Jimmy Choo – Abel, 9. Betsey Johnson – Balladd, 10. Christian Louboutin – Decollete 554 Strass }

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...