Friday, December 6, 2013

Fashion Post | NYC Bridal Market Spring 2014 Trends | Subtle Color

It's taken me a while to get this post put together, but as promised, here is the second installment in our series of posts about NYC Bridal Market Spring 2014 trends! The second trend I took note of (and enjoyed) was the subtle use of color in various designer's gowns for next year. Now I remember way, way back when (the exact year I couldn't say but I'm going to venture to guess early 2000s?), when color was used in bridal gowns – and I remember some of the almost garish mixes of black and bright reds in lace overlays and so on. In my opinion, it wasn't a good look!

Jump forward to Spring 2014 and we have some really pretty and delicate use of color in a variety of gowns – from subtle lace detailing to full blown floods of pastels, golds, sand tones, peaches, and even lilacs and rose tones (the Rivini Paradisio gown below is shown in "Coral Mist" – such a great name for this golden shade). The Angel Sanchez gown really takes my breath away – it is just so exquisite and balletic.

Below are some of my favorite colored gowns from Spring 2014. In the Fall 2014 collections we see some brighter colors (especially some of the brighter selections from Vera Wang), but the Spring collections were more reserved – which I love.

Would you wear a colored gown on your wedding day – or is traditional white or ivory more your style?




{1. Oscar de la Renta - Analeigh, 2. Angel Sanchez - N10004, 3. Romona Keveza, 4. Oscar de la Renta - Aline, 5. Austin Scarlett - Flora, 6. Austin Scarlett - Azalea, 7. Claire Pettibone - Primrose, 8. Romona Keveza, 9. Rivini - Paradisio, 10. Claire Pettibone - Abigailp.s. We would love to design a custom letterpress wedding invitation for you based on a subtle color palette or the detailing of your wedding gown. Contact our Vancouver letterpress studio for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...