Thursday, May 1, 2014

Custom Letterpress Invitations | Inspired by W.W.





We recently designed and printed the above custom letterpress invitations above for Mary and Daniel from Ontario, Canada. If you follow this blog, you know I just love it when a couple wants to incorporate something special about their relationship into their wedding stationery – like a quote that they love, a graphic reference to a trip they took or the place where they met, a vintage family crest, or incorporating a grandmother's wedding dress lace as a motif on an invitation. These details are a part of your history, and should absolutely be brought to life in your wedding stationery.

Walt Whitman's "Among the Multitude" from his famous Leaves of Grass was a special poem for the couple – here is a snippet:

    Among the men and women, the multitude,
    I perceive one picking me out by secret and divine signs, 
    Acknowledging none else – not parent, wife, husband, brother, child, any nearer than I am;
    Some are baffled – but that one is not – that one knows me.

For the 3rd edition of Leaves of Grass, a copper plate was used to deboss the leather cover. We put together a reverse image of the plate for letterpress printing, and also used an Art Nouveau font for the bride and groom's names. A dark warm green was used for the custom ink color.

(Coincidentally, when I received this custom letterpress wedding stationery order a few months ago, my husband and I were in the midst of a few very intense binge viewing sessions to finish up Breaking Bad. If you are a fan, you know how Walt Whitman poetry plays a part in the series – especially the bathroom scene towards the end! This scene is probably the only thing I have ever watched on television in my life that has made me get out of my chair and throw my hands up in frustration. I was so angry at Walt for being so careless! Gah! It still makes me angry!)

In any case, these invitations were a pleasure to produce – and we wish all the joys of married life to Mary and Daniel!

If you would like to find out more about having your own custom letterpress wedding invitations designed and printed by Sunlit Letterpress,contact us today! Bookings for Summer and Fall weddings are filling up fast, so don't miss your spot!


1 comment:

  1. Love this beautiful collection of unique wedding cards which are perfect for creating a lavish impression on guests. Fabulous! Thanks Erin for sharing this inspirational work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...