Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Letterpress Note Card Design | Heart Arrow



Do you love arrows as much as I do? Sometimes when I'm on the phone I sit and doodle arrows (among other things); but I threw a heart into this one and I quite liked how it looked. After scanning, tracing in Illustrator, and then converting for printing plates, I finally had a chance to lay some robin's egg blue ink on this little symbol and print it on some A2 note cards. You can purchase your own set of letterpress heart arrow notecards from our Etsy shop here.

Because I spend most of my time designing letterpress wedding invitations and letterpress business stationery for clients, I don't get as much time as I would like to work on my own illustration or new card designs, or refining my own "style". This is something I think about often and am hoping to find more time to spend on. There are so many stationers and designers that have a unique aesthetic (i.e. Rifle Paper Co., Emily McDowell Inc.) where you see one of their products and know instantly whose work it is. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm there yet, and it's challenging. It's ironic how sometimes the "cobbler's children have no shoes" when it comes to designing for yourself, and I know I'm not the only designer that feels this way. I'm hoping to carve out some time over the next few months to start some of the design projects I have been thinking about for years, and also find the time to finish up some of the projects I've started but have had sitting on the back burner for some time now (like our website redesign - ugh.).

What design work for yourself have you been putting off? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...