Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Lettra Success!

Just a quick update - I finally had a chance to print (without ink) using the Crane Lettra paper that the rep sent me and I must say, it is great! The paper really takes the impression well, and where there are larger surface areas, the impression leaves a nice smooth, flat finish. I will try to get some photos of the results using the macro setting on my camera.

I am now just waiting for my inks to arrive from Van Sons (should arrive soon), and I just need to finialize my business card design (almost there!) and I can order the plates from Boxcar Press. I really need to get this project finished as I am in dire need of cards.

My problem when I design for myself is that I always think I can do better (yep, I'm a type-A, anal-retentive perfectionist) so I tend to be slow to finish my own projects. If anyone has a cure, please do tell!

Happy letterpressing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,

    Fantastic blog you have going here. I'm based in the UK and I'm a graphic designer. My wife runs a graphic design course at a university. She has taught letterpress for 10 years. We are now thinking of starting a small press, we have seen the local printer who has a small press for sale, so it could be on. Good luck with your letterpress adventures.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...