Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jingle All the Way...

Well, I figure I've ignored my blog long enough - time to post something new...

Here are some random photos...my family/friends Christmas card for this year...oops, I'm a bit late sending them this year...


Below, some shots of some of my cards at the Creative Finds show on December 1st. Although I sold a reasonable amount of product, it did snow a fair bit that day - thus keeping most shoppers indoors I think. I live in Canada - but I live in a part where snow is a rarity (Vancouver). We generally have mild temperatures and rain in the winter, not snow. So, the fact that it snows on the day of the art sale kinda irked me a bit! Grrr! Nevertheless, friends, family, and other supporters showed up to check things out and buy handmade - thank you to all!




I must say that the Creative Finds show did attract a different crowd than my previous show (Got Craft?). I noticed a definite difference in the age groups that attended, and the general purchasing behavior. At Got Craft, I don't think a single person walked by my table without looking. At Creative Finds, there were a few. The main difference? Got Craft was for the younger set, marketed to the 18-35 crowd, with disposable income, and an appreciation of the arts/handmade movement. Creative Finds, I felt, had more of the 40-60s crowd, who were perhaps not really looking for stationery items. I could be way off...but that was my general impression - and from the other artists I spoke to, I think this impression was shared. Maybe because this show was in the burbs vs. in the city - who knows.

I did hand out quite a few business cards at the show, and many requests for estimates for custom stationery, so all in all it was a good experience. Below is a photo of the hall from my spot.



This week will be my last working week of the year as I leave for my holidays soon - time for some fun in the sun. I can't wait! I still need to print and send my Sunlit Media corporate holiday cards to clients, and finish up some other studio and printing work, but then it's time for a break. Wohoo!

1 comment:

  1. wow! i didn't know that it usually does not snow in vancouver. i need to add vancouver to my trip list! enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...