Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last Minute Mayhem...

This week has been a real doozy - and it's not even halfway finished! My "last weekend of productivity" before my upcoming show on Saturday was a total flop. I had worked my shoulder and neck into such a state that I couldn't turn my head for two days. I think it was the result of too much stress and too much printing and maybe some ill-fated shoulder exercises at the gym. Anyways, the injury is almost gone but not quite, and has hampered my printing abilities substantially.

Above is a photo of some gift tags I printed up before the shoulder meltdown. In my incapacitated state this weekend, I managed to punch holes in the tags and thread through some ribbon - all while lying down, and while watching Victoria Beckham's "Coming to America". I'm ashamed, but I did watch it...the whole thing.



Above is a photo of a boxer motif I illustrated and printed as a notecard. I've never created any pet-related items before - so we'll see how this one sells. I also illustrated a ballerina in arabesque attitude position and printed her as well as a notecard with chocolate brown envelopes.




The rest of this week will be spent meeting with various clients and wrapping things up before the show on Saturday. I have so much to do still it's not funny. Luckily my Mum has volunteered to help me finish up some packaging on Friday...thank goodness for mothers!

T
his week I am also working on the design of a custom calling card for a new client. I am very pleased with how the design is turning out and look forward to posting photos when the printing is complete.

Happy letterpressing!

p.s. Eve - J'ai reçu votre courriel - et je vous répondrai bientôt...Malheureusement, je suis très occupée cette semaine - mais je vous répondrai plus tard :)

5 comments:

  1. you should not be ashamed. it was hilarious. victoria beckham was too funny.

    i love the gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pas de problème chère Erin, je vois bien que vous êtes très occupé. Je vous souhaites la meilleure des chances pour votre prochain show sachant à l'avance que ce sera un grand succès!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je ne savais pas que vous parliez si bien le français!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the boxer cards! Would love to see those in your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. silly me - they ARE on etsy! i'll have to get some :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...