Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wedding Announcements




It's been about a month and a half since I last posted...shame on me. Life in the studio has been ridiculously busy with the last bit of summer wedding orders. We just took on an order for a September wedding last week, so for me that is usually the first sign that the hectic summer wedding season will soon wind down. Don't get me wrong, I love wedding orders, but there is a period that stretches from March to May where wedding stationery starts to take over your life. When you start having dreams (ok, maybe a few nightmares...) about the invitations you are working on, you know you've hit the peak of the season.

Above are some photos of a different sort of wedding invitation. A local designer had already gotten married and wanted to send out an announcement to friends and family to let them know. This client designed the lettering himself, and it was an honor to print it the folded cards for him. It was also fun to print something wedding-related that took a different shape than the typical 5" x 7" flat card. The folded cards were accompanied by kraft envelopes - kraft products seem to be becoming quite popular with brides and grooms these days.

I have many more photos to post of various orders from the past few weeks, and I will try to put them up over the next few days. But, as you might expect from my long break in posting...it may take more like a few weeks to get all the photos up. Hopefully some people still follow this blog, despite my neglectful ways!

Happy letterpressing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Where do you find the brown kraft envelopes? I'm looking for some in large batches.

    Thanks,
    Nicki

    ps - These announcement cards rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...