Thursday, June 4, 2015

Copper Foil Happy Birthday Cards





I just love foil – don't you? There is something so special about gold, copper or silver foil against a nice piece of thick card stock. Foil printing is such a hot trend these days, and we thought it might be nice to mix it up with some of our other favorite trends (delicate calligraphy and a folksy floral art pattern). The background floral pattern was digitized from an acrylic painting I did earlier this year in black, white, and shades of grey (not 50 shades of grey...but close). The "happy birthday" lettering was printed in a copper foil and extends to the edges of the card.  You can buy these foil birthday cards in sets of 4 with envelopes in our Etsy shop.

The plants – well, those are from a bush outside our studio. I can't take any credit for them since they were here before we moved in. I love the little berries; although they do cause me a lot of grief, since I am constantly shooing my children away from them (they think they are blueberries), and I have just assumed they are poisonous. If you know what they are, please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...