Thursday, June 14, 2007

Special Delivery...


Well, I have been plugging away getting ready for Got Craft, and things are coming along slowly. I still haven't gotten to any printing, but my supplies have been arriving one-by-one, so receiving all the packages has been exciting!

My big 25 lb order of paper and envelopes from Crane arrived the other day. I ordered a bunch of 8.5 x 11 Lettra packages, and a set of envelopes. Crane's customer service is wonderful, by the way. Good people on the phone, sent my order quickly, and when I called for a delivery date they called me back a.s.a.p. and sent me an email. It's always nice to know where your order is :)


I also received my yellow ink from US Litho Supply - they were quick to send as well, and the service was better than what I received when ordering direct from Van Sons. In any case, I won't need ink for a while now as I have red, blue, yellow, black and white. You can pretty much mix anything with that.

I also sent my order off for three photopolymer plates from Boxcar Press - and as always, they were very helpful and quick with the turnaround. Anthony at Boxcar even fixed a little goof I made on one design with the opacity, which was much appreciated! I heart Boxcar Press. I can't wait for my order to arrive! Then I can get to my printing!

In the meantime, I've spent time at Essential Packaging - the only packaging store I know of out in the 'burbs where I live. I bought some plastic bags to hold my cards for the craft show, some paper bags to hold my sold items, envelopes, and a few other items. I shouldn't be allowed in that store, I always buy more stuff than I need.

I'm also working on figuring out my display for the craft show - I've never done this before, so I need to figure out my layout and how I will display the cards and stationery. I've got some ideas for laying things out, but need to think about it some more.

As I wait to receive my plates and get started with the printing, my dog has been patiently watching me open my boxes of goodies. I know he secretly wants to eat the UPS and FedEx men, but he controls himself rather well...


Happy letterpressing!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! This is definitely all part of the fun!! I'll be excited to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to order Lettra for my Kelsey press. Your work looks great! What paper weight did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart just wells up when I read your blog. You see-- I am two years into a bfa in printmaking and I've found my love to be letterpress greeting cards. My institution doesn't look highly upon my interest and though I work in an independent printed greeting cards store I need a background in the technical aspects to get going. It's hard to find people willing to explain their process let alone show the joy they get out of something that is "business" so thank you so very much!!

    --Laceylyn Marie

    p.s. I swear by Van Son's ink as well. It mixes so well. The gold has the best opacity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...